Followers

Labels

Powered by Blogger.

Thursday, June 17, 2010

rock on

Thanks so much to my friend Robin over at lolidots for giving me this fab award. 






Think of 15 albums that had such a profound effect on you they changed your life or the way you looked at it. They sucked you in and took you over for days, weeks, months, years. These are the albums that you can use to identify time, places, people, emotions. These are the albums that, no matter what they were thought of musically, shaped your world.
I have to say I'm looking forward to taking you all on this little trip down memory lane. 



  1. Human Frailty, by Hunters and Collectors, the greatest Australian pub-rock band ever.  They sang Throw your arms around me, which is my all-time favourite song.  Go on, click the link and listen!

  2. Planet Waves, by Bob Dylan

  3. Now that's what I call quite good, by The Housemartins

  4. A Room With a View - Soundtrack

  5. If this is Rock and Roll, I want my old job back, by The Sawdoctors

  6. Talking with the Taxman about poetry, by Billy Bragg

  7.  Modern Times, by Bob Dylan

  8. Back to Black, by Amy Winehouse.  She's a wreck, but she can sing!

  9. William Bloke, by Billy Bragg

  10. The Internationale, by Billy Bragg

  11. Fundamental as Anything, by Mental as Anything (another great Australian band from the 80s, although Pacino can't stand them)

  12. Mermaid Avenue, by Billy Bragg and Wilco (lyrics by Woody Guthrie)

  13. Local Hero Soundtrack, by Mark Knopfler

  14. Spike, by Elvis Costello

  15. Amadeus soundtrack (Mozart)
Billy Bragg  is an English folk-rock singer who can take the credit for my very left-wing political stance.


That was really fun, and really hard!  I'm sorry my taste is so obscure.  And I'm sorry it took me so long to post this.

Thanks again, Robin!

3 comments:

  1. Do you love the movie Local Hero?

    We have an injured rabbit also.

    ;0)

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's so cool to see the huge difference in the bands you pick "down under"! ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. We actually have one of those! I think we probably have the Bob Dylan's as well, but I try to ignore those due to an intense overdose of BD from an old, but unfortunately not forgotten, boyfriend. :) Hope all Down Under is going well. We're finally winding down the school year and heading into summer! Yay!!

    ReplyDelete