Followers

Labels

Powered by Blogger.

Wednesday, April 21, 2010

funny girl

Yesterday I was thinking about all the funny things my daughter has said over the years, and they really made me laugh.  So, in the spirit of sharing, here are a few of them!

  • At 2 years old, I told the Gig that she was "making Mummy very sad".  Only to be eyed up and down, and asked "Where are your tears then?".
  • This time she was 3, and not feeling well.  I put my hand on her forehead and said, in time-honoured Mummy fashion, "Cool as a cucumber".  Two minutes later, she put her hand on my forehead.  "Cold as a pumpkin, Mummy."
  • When picking up my 4 year old nephew L from his last day at daycare as my sister and her family were moving to another city, I told L to say, "bye Eastville*!".  L repeated, "Bye Eastville".  From the seat next to him, six year old Gig said "See you in Hell, Eastville!".
  • At 4, on a plane, reading the safety card,  (breathlessly) "It's true!  They do have slides!".  Yep, honey, and with any luck we won't be needing one!
  • Fairly recently, having heard her dad use the expression "gorillas" for thousands of dollars, she looked at her school fees and said "Whoa!  That's a lot of gorillas!".  Sadly, she was right.

I wanted to include a photo of my angelic daughter, but I'm stuggling with uploading one.  I have no idea why it won't work, but I refuse to be frustrated so I'm giving up.  Sorry.  Anyway, I hope my funny girl made you laugh!

3 comments:

  1. I just love the things kids say!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kids are the best entertainment! I hope I don't need one of those slides when i fly next week either!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my gosh! Those are hilarious!

    ReplyDelete